Hey you, thank you for taking time out to read this post because today on the blog you get to meet a blogger! First and foremost welcome to my Guest Feature Series! It’s super exciting doing this, I may not be *a huge blogger* but I do have a presence in the online community, well because of the love many of you give to me daily. and I intend to make use of it by also giving back the love to the community, by shining the light on as many bloggers as I can, because most of us deserve it and also you know make a stand on marginalization—fighting for what’s right.
Meet Aduni, she is the blogger behind The Aduni!
1. Hello Aduni, please introduce yourself and tell us about your blog?
Hi, I’m Aduni a fashion lifestyle and relationship blogger like I said earlier and my blog is simply out there to help the youths mostly the female by letting them know they can look good no matter what they wear, they shouldn’t be rock what they have and there is no such thing as colour block, to me it’s another form of creativity. I blog to help people love and appreciate what they have.
2. What was the deciding factor that made you go “Yes I am doing this, I’m starting my own blog!” ? Are you passionate about what you post on your blog?
My deciding factor would be failure or should I say a setback in life. I decided to keep myself busy at first and I didn’t know it will be something I would end up enjoying to do… So, yes, I’m very passionate about what I blog about.
3. How would you describe your blogging style and persona? How meticulous are you, when it comes to the conceptualisation up to the execution of your ideas?
I would describe my blogging style to be simple and original, I don’t fake it on my blog and in real life, originality everywhere.
I choose what I post by asking a lot of people, even people I don’t know at times I just start a conversation with them, to get their opinion on somthing, before I go for it. So, I pay attention to detail in everything most especially my pictures.
4. What do you want and hope your readers to take from the content you share?
When people read my blog, I want them to relate with it, be a fashion guide through what I post and learn a new craft, but most importantly they feel who I am and the originality of my content.
5. What is your blogging mojo? How do you stay inspired and motivated to continue running your blog?
Give it try, it doesn’t hurt to try and even if it hurts, I won’t give up because it’s okay to fail, but also know when not to give up. I stay motivated by people’s comment most especially when people recognize me at event and when I am walking on the road, the feeling is so sweet and amazing. I love that people recognize me and my little space online.
6. What is your long-term goal/plan for your blog?
Long term goal is to be an international famous blogger people can relate with and make reference to.. That feeling and accomplishment is Goals
7. Who is your favourite marginalized main character? It doesn’t have to be from a book, it could also be from a movie, tv series, games, comics etc. Why is this character your favourite? Marginalization is the process whereby something or someone is pushed to the edge of a group and accorded lesser importance. This is predominantly a social phenomenon by which a minority or sub-group is excluded, and their needs or desires ignored. A marginalized person can be people of colour, the disabled, mentally ill, the lgbt+ community etc.
My marginalized character is from an Indian movie SECRET SUPERSTAR the mother was seen as irrelevant because she’s an illiterate, she couldn’t read or write but she was strong and determined, which shone through at the end because she stood up against her husband because he was against their daughter’s dream, even though nobody had a say in their family except the father. The mother is my favorite character because she didn’t let her disadvantage affect their children even though she didn’t speak up early, she eventually did.
8. It is important that marginalised people are given platforms to shine and bring awareness to their movements and plights. If you believe so, why is it important to you?
Yes please! I believe everyone has the right to talk, everyone has the right of freedom no matter who you are or where you arw from, no one deserves to be marginalized by society.
9. It is crucial that in whatever we do, we should always strive for both equity & equality, what advice can you part with, when it comes to using our platforms to give a voice to the marginalised?
We need to create awareness and make people believe in themselves because the real problem is our cultural beliefs and religion, this two are the real problem why people are being marginalized. So, we can help by creating awareness and convincing people make them believe in themselves and equity and equality will be achieved.
10. Last but not least, what’s your take on the blogging communities? What has been your experience within the community?
The blogging community is not for people who aren’t ready to learn, it’s not for the jealous type and people who are always comparing themselves to other people, it is for the serious minded and people who doesn’t give up easily.
My experience isn’t good or bad, it’s been fair. Consistency is key.
Here are some of Aduni’s favourite blog posts.
I started blogging because I wanted to help the average Nigeria girl in her fashion life, by letting her know that you can look good without breaking the bank, you can look good ro…
If anything, this year Ramadan taught me perseverance and to appreciate myself more, i realized have been looking down on myself and limiting myself to where i am, i won’t say…
On Saturday, the 15th of December 2018, we visited the correctional home for girls in Idi-Araba Mushin and it was a fun-filled day, we weren’t able to meet all the girls because there were other groups…
You can find Aduni on the Social Media sites, listed below, clicking on the various names, will lead you to her account.
You also can be featured, so everyone can also see your thoughts, I’m too lazy to change the questions right now, but I just might in future, but I’m still taking on people who want to be featured. This series I hope can go on until December. Here’s the link to all the information you need to know —> Be a Guest on my Blog!