Hey you, thank you for taking time out to read this post because today on the blog you get to meet a blogger! First and foremost welcome to my Guest Feature Series! It’s super exciting doing this, I may not be *a huge blogger* but I do have a presence in the online community, well because of the love many of you give to me daily. and I intend to make use of it by also giving back the love to the community, by shining the light on as many bloggers as I can, because most of us deserve it and also you know make a stand on marginalization—fighting for what’s right.
Meet PJ, he is the blogger behind his self titled website PJ Sherman
1. Hello PJ, please introduce yourself and tell us about your blog?
Hey there – I grew up along the famous Jurassic Coast in Pembrokeshire, Wales where my fascination with all things fantasy and horror was born – thanks, in part, to some well known stories that were laden with witch trials and pirate adventures. All true! I then studied Screenwriting at University, before falling into a career in Financial Services, moving to Dubai and Switzerland, before returning to the lovely Island nation of Guernsey in the English Channel. This is where I developed my blog, which is still in its infancy and decided to share my creative writing and varied interests with the world. Thanks for having me here!
2. What was the deciding factor that made you go “Yes I am doing this, I’m starting my own blog!” ? Are you passionate about what you post on your blog?
While I was visiting my friend in San Diego, she told me I had a talent for writing that was wasted by the sheer fact that I couldn’t finish a single project without moving onto another and forgetting the first. This stirred something in me, so I decided to write, complete project by project until I could look at myself in the mirror and go “Yeah – you do finish what you start.” Sounds cheesy as hell, but it’s all true and I’m glad she was so honest with me. Of course I’m passionate about what I write – the majority of my work is fiction, however I’ve recently started putting together blog posts to demonstrate my effectiveness to potential clients in various industries and topics. My next objective is to find a niche I’m comfortable in, such as SEO.
3. How would you describe your blogging style and persona? How meticulous are you, when it comes to the conceptualization up to the execution of your ideas?
A lot of my posts up to now have been opinion pieces, however I’m keen to demonstrate that I can accommodate various tones and styles. I do prefer a friendlier, more chilled style, however understand and appreciate that that would not suit certain clients. In regards to the question on how meticulous I am, that depends on my personal knowledge of the subject I’m writing for; if I have a lot of knowledge, then I just need to focus on the structure and what message I’m looking to deliver. If it’s something I have less knowledge in, then I am very thorough with research, before I even consider writing.
4. What do you want and hope your readers to take from the content you share?
To be educated and entertained. That simple.
5. What is your blogging mojo? How do you stay inspired and motivated to continue running your blog?
If I get one view today, I’m happy. Honestly, I may have changed one person’s life today with what I wrote. It’s actually massive when you think about it.
6. What is your long-term goal/plan for your blog?
To turn it into a full time career, where I can work wherever I want to in the world and start to consider broader and more complex topics – this will come once I’ve proven myself as an expert writer.
7. Who is your favourite marginalized main character? It doesn’t have to be from a book, it could also be from a movie, tv series, games, comics etc. Why is this character your favourite? Marginalization is the process whereby something or someone is pushed to the edge of a group and accorded lesser importance. This is predominantly a social phenomenon by which a minority or sub-group is excluded, and their needs or desires ignored. A marginalized person can be people of colour, the disabled, mentally ill, the lgbt+ community etc.
Vivi from Final Fantasy IX – he was judged on so many occasions based on the actions of his kin, who were only being how they were initially programmed, rather than understanding who he was and appreciating his own diversity. He could have let the actions of others reflect in his actions, however he always took the upper hand and grew day to day. Inspirational character.
8. It is important that marginalized people are given platforms to shine and bring awareness to their movements and plights. If you believe so, why is it important to you?
My Mum has various disabilities and I identify as LGBT+, so the importance of providing awareness to marginalised people has been close to me since a very early age. Also, the importance of reflecting the truth within our communities too, rather than a stereotypical standard that is projected, which ultimately causes more harm than good.
9. It is crucial that in whatever we do, we should always strive for both equity & equality, what advice can you part with, when it comes to using our platforms to give a voice to the marginalized?
We should use our voices to promote understanding and to educate others. We should always avoid belittling others, because their anger or hate or petty behaviour is normally fuelled by a lack of understanding and it’s usually the only way they can process their feelings. So let’s not judge those that judge us – let’s try to understand them first.
10. Last but not the least, what’s your take on the blogging communities? What has been your experience within the community?
Very supportive (except Reddit…) Whenever I have reached out to bloggers for advice or help or even networking, I’ve always been met with friendly responses. I’ve actually built a number of friendships in the process that I believe will develop as the years go on.
If you want to finish the piece of writing you’re working on, then you can’t have distractions. The way I deal with random ideas is to turn only the ‘very best’ (that persist in bugging me on a daily basis) into short stories and enter them in competitions. But…
Ark: Survival Evolved is an Action/Adventure survival game that was released on 29th August 2017 for a variety of platforms (PS4/Xbox One/MS Windows/OS X/Linux). This review is for the PS4 version…
After receiving a request from a reader, I’ve decided to put together a list of things I do when the slump monster creeps in. And no, one of them doesn’t include drinking copious amounts of energy drink (no name…
You can also find PJ on
You also can be featured, so everyone can also see your thoughts, I’m too lazy to change the questions right now, but I just might in future, but I’m still taking on people who want to be featured. This series I hope can go on until December. Here’s the link to all the information you need to know —> PSA: Sign Up for my Guest Feature Post